Monday 2 September will see a number of one-day courses take place in Newcastle prior to the opening of the main conference on Tuesday 3 September.
The following courses and workshops have been confirmed:
- Draw your assumptions before your conclusions: An introduction to causal diagrams for causal inference - Presented by Miguel Hernan, Departments of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health
- Generalized additive models and their extensions: the penalized regression spline approach in R - Presented by Dr Simon N Wood, University of Bath
- Multiple Imputation and its application - Presented by James Carpenter & Mike Kenward, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Joint modelling of repeated measurement and event time data in clinical research - Presented by Robin Henderson, Paula Williamson, Catrin Tudur-Smith, Pete Philipson and Ruwanthi Kolamunnage-Dona
- Multivariate Data Analysis - Presented by Dr. Marta García-Fiñana, Dr. Trevor Cox, Dr. Gabriela Czanner and Dr. Christopher Cheyne, University of Liverpool
Separate registration will be required – booking forms for each course and workshop are now available.
Please note: you can attend one of these short courses and workshops even if you are not attending the main RSS conference